What is included when studying Freight Handling?
Full time or Part time (12 months) Accredited by TETA SAQA ID 57831 (NQF03)
Purpose of the qualification
People involved in freight handling play a key role in the movement of goods since they represent the physical link that ensures that the freight is efficiently and safely handled. The required knowledge and skills can be used in many other goods handling environments or equally as well in a full warehousing environment. On-the-job experience can progressively lead to positions of more responsibility in the safe handling of goods and freight.
The safe handling of freight is dependent upon the applicable people complying with the relevant procedures and applying the necessary skills to their handling. This Qualification, therefore, is aimed at providing learners in the Freight sector with:
- An integrated practical and theoretical grounding in Freight Handling.
- The ability to work more effectively with others.
- The skills necessary to maintain and enhance the level of service and quality of service expected by customers.
- An awareness and understanding of key business principles that lead to transformation, transferability, economic growth and social development in the freight handling industry.
The key areas of specialisation within the Freight Handling Industry are:
- Warehousing and Distribution.
- Port Operations.
- Courier Operations.
- Bulk Handling.
- Forwarding and Clearing
Enrolled learners enjoy a Forklift Drivers Licence valid for a two-year period.
Terms and conditions apply.
- Matric Certificate
- Math Literacy/Core, English (minimum rating of 4)
- Business Studies, Geography, Economics, an advantage